The 2020 NBA Draft Lottery was a huge success for the Minnesota Timberwolves.
After a disappointing 2019-20 season, the T-Wolves won the No. 1 pick in Thursday night's lottery and have the chance to add a franchise-cornerstone player to their core of Karl-Anthony Towns and D'Angelo Russell.
Don't miss NBC Sports Boston's coverage of Celtics-76ers Game 3, which begins Friday at 5:30 p.m. with Celtics Pregame Live followed by tip-off at 6:30 p.m. You can also stream the game on the MyTeams App.
One of the most intriguing teams entering the draft was the Golden State Warriors, who had the best odds to land the top pick and ended up getting No. 2 overall. Injuries ruined the Warriors' 2019-20 season as Stephen Curry missed most of the campaign and Klay Thompson didn't play at all. They also lost Kevin Durant in free agency last summer. But with Curry and Thompson coming back to a team that also includes Draymond Green and Andrew Wiggins, the Warriors could be a legit contender again next season if they hit a home run with the No. 2 pick.
Another team to watch as the draft nears is the Boston Celtics. They are the only team with three first-round picks, but without a ton of minutes to give multiple rookies next season, it'll be interesting to see if Boston keeps all of these picks.
Here's the official order for the first round of the 2020 NBA Draft.
1. Minnesota Timberwolves
2. Golden State Warriors
3. Charlotte Hornets
4. Chicago Bulls
5. Cleveland Cavaliers
6. Atlanta Hawks
7. Detroit Pistons
8. New York Knicks
9. Washington Wizards
10. Phoenix Suns
11. San Antonio Spurs
12. Sacramento Kings
13. New Orleans Pelicans
14. Boston Celtics (via Memphis Grizzlies)
15. Orlando Magic
16. Portland Trail Blazers
17. Minnesota Timberwolves (from Brooklyn Nets via Atlanta Hawks)
18. Dallas Mavericks
19. Brooklyn Nets (from Philadelphia 76ers via Los Angeles Clippers)
20. Miami Miami
21. Philadelphia 76ers (from Oklahoma City Thunder via Philadelphia 76ers via Orlando Magic)
22. Denver Nuggets (via Houston Rockets)
23. Utah Jazz
24. Milwaukee Bucks (via Indiana Pacers)
25. Oklahoma City Thunder (via Denver Nuggets)
26. Boston Celtics
27. New York Knicks (via Los Angeles Clippers)
28. Los Angeles Lakers
29. Toronto Raptors
30. Boston Celtics (from Milwaukee Bucks via Phoenix Suns)
2020 NBA Draft order: Official list of first round picks after lottery results originally appeared on NBC Sports Boston