The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2020 is going to be absolutely loaded.
Eight finalists for the next class were revealed Friday in Chicago, where NBA All-Star Weekend is being hosted. The 2020 class will be announced in April at the NCAA Final Four, and the players/coaches will be enshrined in August.
Here's a list of the finalists:
1. Kim Mulkey, NCAA women's basketball coach
2. Rudy Tomjanovich, NBA coach
3. Barbara Stevens, NCAA women's basketball coach
4. Eddie Sutton, NCAA men's basketball coach
5. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers (NBA)
6. Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs (NBA)
7. Kevin Garnett, Minnesota Timberwolves/Boston Celtics (NBA)
8. Tamika Catchings, Indiana Fever (WNBA)
Bryant, Duncan and Garnett are three of the greatest players in NBA history, and they won a combined 11 championships, five Finals MVPs and four league MVPs. Chris Bosh was the best NBA player eligible to be a finalist who wasn't chosen.
Kevin Garnett on being a finalist in HOF and three Celtics retiring his number pic.twitter.com/y5Yps37hfD
— Mark Medina (@MarkG_Medina) February 14, 2020
Two members of the media also will be part of the 2020 Hall of Fame class. ESPN's Mike Wilbon (print) and Mike Breen (electronic) will be inducted as Curt Gowdy Media Award winners.
Forsberg: Tatum outplaying Kawhi on national stage speaks volumes
2020 Basketball Hall of Fame class: Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett among finalists originally appeared on NBC Sports Boston