Asian Americans have largely been
erased from the history books used in elementary and secondary education.
Here are some contributions that
Asians and Asian Americans have made
in the U.S. over the last 200 years.
1. The Supreme Court ruled children born
in America to foreigners were U.S. citizens
because of Wong Kim Ark.
2. Some of the nation’s most iconic
buildings were designed by I.M. Pei.
3. Dr. Tuan Vo-Dinh developed new gene probes that can detect cancer earlier than usual.
4. Amanda Nguyen wrote the Sexual
Assault Survivors’ Rights Act.
5. The ice cream cone was first popularized
by Syrian concessionaire Ernest A. Hamwi