PHOENIX (AP)—Shay Murphy scored 20 of her career-high 22 points in the first half and the Chicago Sky beat the short-handed Phoenix Mercury 86-55 on Sunday to stay a game behind New York for the fourth and final playoff spot in the East with three games to play.
Murphy scored seven straight points during a 12-0 run late in the second quarter as Chicago went up 55-26 at the break. The Mercury never got closer than 21 in the second half. It was the largest margin of victory in Sky franchise history, surpassing a 27-point win over San Antonio on July 14, 2010.
Charde Houston had 15 points, four rebounds and three assists for Phoenix (7-24).
- Mercury close on 19-5 spurt to beat Shock 78-66
- Storm-Sun Preview
- Dream-Lynx Preview
- McBride scores 25 as Stars roll past Atlanta Dream 102-85
- WNBA suspends San Antonio's Danielle Adams 3 games
- Mercury-Shock Preview
- Bonner scores 8 of her 34 in OT as Mercury beat Sky 89-87
- Catchings hits game-winner, becomes 2nd all-time scorer