TULSA, OKLA. (AP) —Sophia Young scored 20 points and Shemeka Christon added 16, including a 3-pointer with 46.3 seconds remaining, to help the San Antonio Silver Stars open their season with an 88-79 victory against the Tulsa Shock on Saturday night.
Tulsa led 77-73 with 2:48 to play but San Antonio went on a 14-2 run over the final 2:33.
San Antonio made just seven baskets in the first period, but finished strong, shooting 55.4 percent from the field overall.
- Larkins has career-high 19 points, Fever beat Wings 92-87
- Mercury acquire All-Star Bone from Sun for Williams
- Sun-Sparks preview
- Mercury-Liberty preview
- Sparks ends Lynx's record opening winning streak at 13
- Taurasi fastest player to reach 7,000 points; Mercury win
- Fever-Wings preview
- Imani Boyette's 50 Cent campaign comes up short
- Kayla McBride scores 28 points, Stars beat Dream 73-69
- Quinn returns to Storm, Mercury get Robinson in trade
- Lynx-Mystics preview
- Stewart ties career high with 29 points, Seattle cruises
- Charles leads Liberty to sixth straight win, 80-79 over Sky
- WNBA raises awareness, money for Orlando nightclub victims
- Dream-Stars preview
- Pierson scores 6 of 21 points in OT; Wings win 4th straight