September 16, 2012
* Texas Tech recorded 702 yards of offense tonight -- 377 passing and 325 rushing.
* The Red Raiders' defense limited New Mexico to 127 yards. The Lobos finished with 84 rushing and 43 passing.
* Eric Stephens finished with 12 rushes for 118 yards. His 100-yard night was Tech's first since Stephens reached the mark against Texas A&M last season.
* Eric Ward led the Red Raiders with five receptions —- three of which went for touchdowns. It was a nice return to action for Ward after he missed last week's game against Texas State.
* Tech ran 90 plays to New Mexico's 47.
* The Red Raiders ahve had 10-plus receivers catch passes in every game this season.
* Tech removed the redshirt from freshman DT Michael Starts. He recorded a sack in the fourth quarter.
* CB Jeremy Reynolds sustained a knee injury in the first half and was carted off the field. Tuberville declined to speculate in the post-game press conference, but said that it "doesn't look good."
* Looking ahead: Tech travels to Iowa State on Sept. 29. The Cyclones defeated Western Illinois 37-3.