August 09, 2012
Scott Hood of GamecockCentral.com was on the Tim Brando Show with Brian Jones.
- Steve Spurrier is pretty confident with this year's SC team, and could be the best SC team in a while.
- SC's defense with Lorenzo Ward is going to be powerful with plenty of corner blitzes.
- Expecting SC's success due to their defense.
- Shaq Wilson went from being a back up linebacker to a starter...missed most of 2010, but became healthy after that.
- Shaq Roland was Mr. Football and number one prospect in at the state of SC.
- Shaq Roland has a great leaping ability.
- Marcus Lattimore is 100% and is running around well in full pads.
- They're being very cautious of Marcus Lattimore as they approach a full scrimmage.
- Looking for a big season from Marcus Lattimore.
- There's some question's with SC's wide receivers.
- Could be 5-0 to start with on the month of October.
August 02, 2012
Three-game football mini-plans will go on sale on Aug. 20 exclusively for Gamecock Club members and USC faculty and staff, the South Carolina Athletics Ticket Office announced today.
The "Garnet" mini-plan is priced at $155 and includes tickets to the UAB (Sept. 15), Missouri (Sept. 22) and Tennessee (Oct. 27) games.
The "Black" mini-plan is priced at $130 and includes tickets to the East Carolina (Sept. 8), Arkansas (Nov. 10) and Wofford (Nov. 17) games.
The three-game mini-plan will go on sale to the general public beginning Aug. 24.
This season, those in the Gamecock Club will have an added benefit for their membership. Georgia game tickets can be purchased one of two ways -- either through a season ticket package that is on-sale now, or on a single-game basis available exclusively for Gamecock Club members, beginning Aug. 20. Tickets for that Oct. 6 SEC East showdown are priced at $70 each.
Single-game tickets for the remaining six home games -- East Carolina ($40), UAB ($35), Missouri ($60), Tennessee ($60), Arkansas ($60) and Wofford ($30) -- will go on sale to the Gamecock Club, faculty and staff beginning Aug. 28, and to the general public on Aug. 31.
Tickets may be purchased online at GamecocksOnline.com. All mini-plans and single-game tickets are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Season tickets remain available by contacting the South Carolina Athletics Ticket Office at 803-777-4274 or 800-4SC-FANS.
Aug. 20 — Three-game mini-plans available for Gamecock Club members
Aug. 20 — Georgia single-game tickets available for Gamecock Club members
Aug. 24 — Three-game mini-plans available to the general public
Aug. 28 — Single-game tickets for all home games other than Georgia available for Gamecock Club members
Aug. 31 — Single-game tickets for all home games other than Georgia available to the general public
July 27, 2012
July 26, 2012
July 05, 2012
Burnett finished the day in a tie for 15th place and is just three shots out of the lead. She played steady golf throughout the day, recording two birdies, two bogeys and 14 pars. Former Gamecock All-American Kristy McPherson is tied for 55th after shooting a 3-over 75.
Second-round play begins at 8 a.m. on Friday. Live scoring is available at USGA.org. ESPN2 will provide coverage of the second round from 4-8 p.m., while the final two rounds will be broadcast from 3-6 p.m. on NBC.