October 03, 2011
Pitt released its weekly game notes, including an updated depth chart. Here are some notes from the new two-deep.
You can view the new two-deep here.
- There were no changes on offense.
- There were a number of changes on defense, though.
- Brandon Lindsey is listed as the sole starter at defensive end. Last week, Aaron Donald was a co-starter; he is now listed as the first backup behind Lindsey. In the games, though, Donald has been working almost exclusively at nose tackle in recent weeks and Justin Hargrove has been Lindsey's primary backup.
- Khaynin Mosley-Smith has been added to the two-deep at defensive tackle. Chas Alecxih is the starter, Mosley-Smith is the backup, and Tyrone Ezell is the second reserve. Ezell's reps have been limited, since Alecxih rarely comes off the field. And Mosley-Smith has rarely played in recent weeks.
- Greg Williams is now the backup Panther linebacker behind Ejuan Price. Last week, Lindsey was the listed backup, but he has not played the position in several games. Meanwhile, Williams has been working at that spot when Price comes off the field.
Williams also takes snaps as the backup behind Todd Thomas at Spur linebacker.