The 2014 Nike USA Olympic Hockey Jersey fuses USA Hockey’s rich history and tradition with the performance needs of today’s athletes. Decades of design delivered the inspiration to create a lightweight jersey with distractions removed and range of motion maximized.
The jersey draws inspiration from the pride of competing for Team USA by amplifying the American Flag aesthetic through matte/shine stars on the shoulders and bold striping. The patriotic and inspirational message "Land of the Free, Home of the Brave" can be found on the inside neckline.
The USA Hockey Crest has been enlarged and refined to reflect the 80’s aesthetic, while the right sleeve pays homage to gold medals in 1960 and 1980.
- Nike Flywire reinforces the neck area while providing a closer fit to prevent slipping. The aesthetic also provides a nod to the traditional lace neck design.
- Reduced seaming eliminates weight and creates a more traditional blocked look.
- Recycled polyester embraces sustainable innovation without compromising performance. Each jersey is made from about seventeen plastic bottles and the socks use approximately five plastic bottles.
- Lightweight premium letters and numbers shave off unnecessary weight.
- Zoned ventilation and articulated sleeves for ventilation and maximum range of motion.
- Stretch open hole mesh under arm for added ventilation.
— USA Hockey