As expected, the 49ers' new stadium will host the NFL's championship in 2016.
2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The stories that stood out in the world of sports
Decade of top searches
2001, Yahoo! has dipped into billions of searches to uncover our audience's
curiosities, interests, and what matters most to them. Unlike editorial
retrospectives or surveys, the rankings come from online users’ own search
behavior. Looking back, these lists truly sketch a society in motion: It's a
unique way to gauge social trends and interests in the year’s top stop stories,
compelling newsmakers, and viral fads.
Take a look back at a dozen years of Top 10s to see how the Web has grown — and
preoccupied readers in 2012.
- Fri, Dec 14, 2012 3:00 PM EST
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Junior dos Santos: Fighting is worth the health risks because it's 'everything to me'
The former UFC heavyweight champ took the beating of his life in his last fight, but don't think that'll stop him.
- Kevin Durant’s giant back tattoo is finished, may (or may not) include misspelling
Kevin Durant's collection of "business tattoos" took a number of folks by surprise two summers ago. Some were struck by the torso-covering tats, which they viewed as a departure from the clean-cut, broad-appeal persona he'd cultivated; this seemed like a … Continue reading →
- Column: Garcia will pay dearly for Tiger remarks
Sergio Garcia could have stopped after he whined about fans of Tiger Woods making too much noise on the golf course. He should have stopped after saying Woods is not a nice person who has been lying to the media since the first time he stepped into an interview room.
- 49ers WR Michael Crabtree could miss 2013 season after suffering a torn Achilles
San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree suffered a torn Achilles during the team's OTA practice on Tuesday and could miss the entire 2013 season, Mike Garafolo of the USA Today reports. The severity of the tear (complete or partial … Continue reading →
- LeBron saves Heat at buzzer of Game 1
MIAMI (AP) -- LeBron James caught the inbounds pass, changed direction and immediately attacked the rim.
- Sergio Garcia's racist comment makes him the loser in his feud with Tiger Woods
With one stupid comment Sergio Garcia turned a healthy feud with Tiger Woods into one with racist undertones that golf wants no part of.
- Michael Jordan announces the Charlotte Bobcats will become the Hornets for the 2014-15 season
Charlotte's NBA franchise will soon have a new but familiar look. At a press conference on Tuesday afternoon, Bobcats owner Michael Jordan announced that the team will change its name to the Hornets for the 2014-15 season and beyond. The … Continue reading →