ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP)—Dan Boyle scored two power-play goals, Joe Pavelski and Patrick Marleau each had a goal and an assist, and the San Jose Sharks beat the Anaheim Ducks 6-5 Saturday night in the teams’ preseason finale.
Marleau, Pavelski and Jason Demers scored in the first period and Tommy Wingels had three assists for the Sharks, who outshot the Ducks 39-18. Boyle’s second goal proved to be the game-winner as Anaheim closed the scoring on Saku Koivu’ s goal with 2:47 remaining.
Dustin Penner and Kyle Palmieri scored 14 seconds apart in the third period for the Ducks and Andrew Cogliano scored a highlight goal on a spin move while falling down in the first.
San Jose scored five times on its first 22 shots on Jonas Hiller, who finished with 33 saves. Antti Niemi made 13 saves for San Jose.
- Chicago knocks off Phoenix 4-3 in overtime
- Letang, Crosby lead Penguins' comeback win against Panthers
- Marchand scores on penalty shot in OT, Bruins top Sabres 2-1
- Arvidsson scores twice and Predators beat Sharks 6-2
- Red Wings rout Islanders 5-1 for first home win of 2016
- Plekanec helps Canadiens end skid with 5-1 win over Oilers