Parise posts goal and assist to lead Devils to 2-1 preseason win over Islanders
Parise, stationed at the post to Dubielewicz’s left, scored the winning goal during a 5-on-3 advantage with 3:44 remaining in the second. Andy Greene’s point shot hit that post, and the puck bounced right to Parise for a tap-in goal.
New Jersey (4-2) answered on the power play with 1:34 remaining in the first. Parise went behind the net and fed the puck on his backhand to Zubrus at the right post, who hit the open side of the net.
The teams played in the home of the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, the Islanders’ AHL affiliate. Seven players in New York’s lineup, including Dubielewicz, were former Sound Tigers.
- Bourne's Blog: Getting 'cute' can drive coaches crazy
- Lucic scores in return to Boston; Kings rout Bruins 9-2
- Boucher leads Devils over Oilers 2-1 on Brodeur's big night
- Klingberg gives Stars 4-3 win over Wild in OT
- Plekanec scores twice, Canadiens beat Lightning 4-2
- Short-handed Flames hold on for 4-3 win over Maple Leafs