Red Wings 4, Maple Leafs 0
DETROIT (AP)—Dominik Hasek posted a 13-save shutout, and Pavel Datsyuk had a goal and two assists in the Detroit Red Wings’ 4-0 victory Saturday night over the Toronto Maple Leafs that wrapped up the preseason schedule for both teams.
Vesa Toskala stopped 28 shots for Toronto (3-3-2).
Franzen gave Detroit a 1-0 lead 38 seconds into the second period, and Datsyuk scored just under three minutes later.
Cleary, who missed six games due to a rib injury, scored a power-play goal 58 seconds into the third period and Samuelsson made it 4-0 with 4:45 left.
Both teams will open the regular season on Wednesday. The Red Wings will host defending Stanley Cup champion Anaheim, and the Maple Leafs will welcome the Eastern Conference champion Ottawa Senators.
- Dynamo Moscow releasing Hudler?
- Palat, Stralman lead Lightning past Penguins 6-3
- Stars' Spezza out after going head-first into boards
- Capitals' Ovechkin scores winner in return vs. Islanders
- Donskoi, Thornton score in 2nd to lead Sharks over Blues 3-1
- Winnipeg Jets forward Burmistrov fined $2,000 for diving