Detroit has scored 23 goals in winning its last four games and has moved into a tie with the St. Louis Blues for the lead in the Central Division. Henrik Zetterberg and Brett Hull each scored twice as the Red Wings posted a 7-2 rout of Toronto on Thursday.
Hull has three goals and five assists in the last four games and Zetterberg snapped a three-game goalless drought with his effort. Steve Yzerman had a pair of assists in his second game of the season.
The Red Wings have won six of their last seven games and are meeting Phoenix for the third time this year. The Coyotes came to Joe Louis Arena on January 3 and posted a 4-1 victory behind 40 saves from Sean Burke.
Blog Coverage from SB Nation
- Frozen Four Final Preview: Wisconsin vs. BC in potential classic
- Lucic scores in return to Boston; Kings rout Bruins 9-2
- Boucher leads Devils over Oilers 2-1 on Brodeur's big night
- Klingberg gives Stars 4-3 win over Wild in OT
- Plekanec scores twice, Canadiens beat Lightning 4-2
- Short-handed Flames hold on for 4-3 win over Maple Leafs