Since its 2-10-4-4 start, Nashville is 21-15-5 and trails Edmonton by eight points for the Western Conference’s final playoff spot.
Columbus is in the midst of one of its worst stretches of the season. The Blue Jackets have been outscored 27-5 during a five-game losing streak.
On Sunday, Columbus endured a 7-2 setback at Vancouver. It allowed the first four goals and its shutout streak reached 188 minutes, 32 seconds before Espen Knutsen’s power-play tally midway through the second period.
Nashville leads the season series 2-1-1 and took the last meeting, 3-2, on February 8 as David Legwand scored twice.
Blog Coverage from SB Nation
- Puck Daddy’s 10 best hockey goals of 2011
- Pearson's overtime goal powers Kings to 5-4 win over Rangers
- Johnson scores OT goal, Lightning beat Predators 4-3
- Varlamov, Avalanche edge Red Wings 3-2 in shootout
- Letang scores in shootout to lift Pens over Hurricanes 2-1
- McDavid, Eberle power Oilers past Maple Leafs 5-2