The Canadiens had a season-high 39 shots in their 3-2 overtime loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night, their first game with Julien at the helm. He became the 26th coach in the history of the storied franchise Friday, when Michel Therrien was fired.
Montreal has lost three straight games and has just two wins and eight points in its last 13 contests (2-7-1-3).
The Panthers have won two straight games, riding the shoulders of the hottest goaltender in the league.
After allowing 18 goals in just under 80 minutes in consecutive losses to Washington and New Jersey, Roberto Luongo has posted back-to-back, 3-0 blankings of Boston and Pittsburgh.
Luongo made 35 saves in a win over the Penguins on Saturday night for his fourth shutout of the season and 13th of his career, tying John Vanbiesbrouck’s franchise record.
It marked the first time in team history Florida recorded consecutive shutouts.
This is the first of four meetings this season between the teams.
Florida has won two straight at home after collecting just four wins in its first 21 games at the Office Depot Center.
Blog Coverage from SB Nation
- Nash has goal, assist in Rangers' 3-1 win over Sabres
- Penguins' Malkin to miss rest of week with lower-body injury
- Lundqvist makes 27 saves, Rangers win third in row
- Stone has 2 goals, assist and Sens beat Lightning 5-1
- Jets F Stafford suspended for 1 game for high-sticking
- Brodeur jersey festivities includes NJ photography program