The Sabres are 2-0-1-0 thus far on the trip and 5-1-1-1 in January.
The Coyotes, who expect to have right wing Tony Amonte back after a two-game absence due to bruised ribs, have struggled of late, going 0-3-1-1 over their last five contests.
On Tuesday, Phoenix lost to St. Louis here, 4-1. Jeff Taffe tied the game, 1-1, with a second-period goal but the team allowed three shorthanded goals in the final 20 minutes.
No team had scored three shorthanded goals in a period since Calgary accomplished the feat vs. Colorado on October 17, 1997.
On October 19, the Coyotes posted a 3-2 triumph at Buffalo. The teams split their two games last season, with each winning on the road.
Blog Coverage from SB Nation
- Buffalo (13-23-6-2) at Phoenix (15-19-7-4)
- Ovechkin hat trick gives Capitals 4-3 road win against Wild
- Eaves gets hat trick as Stars beat Blackhawks 4-2
- Umberger snaps 50-game scoreless drought, Flyers beat Sabres
- Bergeron scores twice and Bruins beat Jets 6-2
- Iginla scores twice, Avalanche beat Senators 4-3