Dallas is 7-0-2 during the run, which was extended with a 6-3 victory over Colorado last Saturday.
Modano has four goals and seven assists during the streak, while Guerin has four goals and five assists.
One of the great agitators in NHL history, Lemieux also is one of eight players in league annals to win Stanley Cup championships with three different teams. He captured his first with Montreal in 1986, added two with New Jersey (1995, 2000) and another with Colorado in 1996.
San Jose sits 19 points behind the Stars in the Pacific Division and is 3-5-2-1 since reaching .500 on December 17.
On Thursday, the Sharks settled for a 2-2 tie with the Buffalo Sabres.
Rookie Jonathan Cheechoo and Patrick Marleau scored 87 seconds apart early in the third. But Evgeni Nabokov couldn’t stop Chris Gratton’s one-timer at 10:36 and the Sharks couldn’t get anything past rookie goaltender Ryan Miller the rest of the way.
Dallas opened the season series with the Sharks with a 3-1 win here on Janaury 2. Modano recorded a goal and an assist and Marty Turco made 23 saves.
Blog Coverage from SB Nation
- Kuznetsov scores in OT to lift Capitals over Panthers 2-1
- Lundqvist makes 27 saves, Rangers win third in row
- Stone has 2 goals, assist and Sens beat Lightning 5-1
- Jets F Stafford suspended for 1 game for high-sticking
- Brodeur jersey festivities includes NJ photography program
- Okposo's hat trick lifts Islanders to 8-1 rout of Oilers