After the Devils’ win against the Sabres, the matchups are set.
Sunday’s key games
East: at PHI 2, NYR 1 (Final OT)at NJ 2, BUF 1 (Final)
West: DET 3, at CHI 2 (Final OT)LA 2, at COL 1 (Final OT)
• The Washington Capitals won the Presidents’ Trophy and will open the playoffs against the Montreal Canadiens, who dropped to the No. 8 seed with the Flyers’ win. The Canadiens lose the tie with the Flyers, 41 wins to 39.
• The New Jersey Devils clinched the No. 2 seed with a win vs. the Sabres. The Philadelphia Flyers clinched a playoff berth and No. 7 seed and eliminated the Rangers with a shootout win vs. the Rangers.
• The Buffalo Sabres are the No. 3 seed after a loss at the Devils. They open the playoffs against the No. 6 seed Boston Bruins.
• The Pittsburgh Penguins are the No. 4 seed and will face the No. 5 seed Ottawa Senators to open the playoffs.
• The San Jose Sharks earned the top seed with the Blackhawks’ loss to the Red Wings. They will face the No. 8 seed Colorado Avalanche.
• The Chicago Blackhawks settled for the No. 2 seed after a loss to the Red Wings. They will face the No. 7 seed Nashville Predators, who dropped to No. 7 with the Red Wings’ and Kings’ wins.
• The Vancouver Canucks are the No. 3 seed and will open the playoffs against the Los Angeles Kings, who clinched the No. 6 seed with a win at the Avalanche.
• The Phoenix Coyotes are the No. 4 seed and will open the playoffs against the Detroit Red Wings, who clinched the No. 5 seed with a win at the Blackhawks.