Facing Off with Minnesota Wild LW Derek Boogaard
1) Who would portray you in a movie about your life?
Probably “The Rock” (Dwayne Johnson). I have the same physique as “The Rock.” My personality is more like Hulk Hogan.
2) What celebrity “melts the ice” for you?
It used to be Angelina Jolie, before she had kids. There are several others now.
3) Who is your all-time favorite roommate on the road?
I’ve only had one in the NHL, and that’s Burnsie (Brent Burns). He’s great. He watches his DVD player. It’s like having the whole place to yourself.
4) What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
There have been a lot. I didn’t like “Office Space.” Probably because I couldn’t relate to it.
5) What family traditions do you have during the holidays?
It’s hard for us to get together during the holidays. My sister (Krysten) is playing (basketball) with the (University of Kansas) Jayhawks. My brother (Aaron) is off playing hockey. We don’t really get together until the summer. In the summer, we all go over to my mom’s house every Sunday. She makes us a big dinner.