February 04, 2014
Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1. Luongo vs. the TD Garden. Roberto Luongo hasn't started a game in Boston since Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final, and the hometown crowd is probably going to remind him of that. A bunch. All night.
2. Flames looking for sixth straight. Calgary hits the road after a perfect five-game home stand. A win over the Montreal Canadiens would be their longest winning streak in three years.
3. Kessel be going. This is totally a reference to lovely and under-heralded Marty Robbins ballad Guess I'll Be Going. It's also true. Kessel's on fire right now, with 23 points in his last 12 games. Don't expect the Panthers to shut him down.
4. Canuck defense is decimated. With injuries to Chris Tanev, Kevin Bieksa, and Dan Hamhuis, the Canucks defence tonight will feature Alex Edler, Jason Garrison, Ryan Stanton, Yann Sauve, Frank Corrado, and newcomer Raphael Diaz. I'd say the Canucks are definitely going to lose, but hockey makes no sense on a game-to-game basis, so they're probably going to win.
5. Blues own the East. St. Louis is 10-0-0 at home versus Eastern Conference opponents, so good luck with that, Ottawa.
Bold prediction: Alex Ovechkin hits 40 on the season versus the Islanders. They're not good at preventing goals, which bodes well for the league's best goal-scorer.