Here is the Puck Daddy Viewing Guide: Spotlighting five things to watch for during tonight's slate of games. Make sure to stop back here for the nightly Three Stars when the games are finished.
Create-a-Caption: Aidan Grabner gets sprayed with ice by his father Michael Grabner #40 of the New York Islanders during the 2014 NHL Stadium Series family skate at Yankee Stadium.
• • • • •
• • • • •
Five things to know about tonight's NHL games ...
1. Let's go outside. Say, remember the Yankee Stadium game? There's another one tonight. I know what you're thinking: why would the NHL do two of these, and so close together, at that? The answer, of course, is: shut up and give us money.
2. Oilers looking slick. Edmonton has a lot on the line tonight. With a win over the Sharks, they'll match their longest winning streak of the season, which is three games. DON'T LAUGH.
3. Blackhawks mired in slump. The Blackhawks have dropped four straight, and speaking of losing four straight, they meet the Vancouver Canucks, who, we remind you, were swept out of the playoffs last season. Anyway, Chicago needs a win in the worst way. Working in their favour: their success against the Pacific. They're 11-0-5 this season against Vancouver's division.
4. Daniel Sedin might be bad at this now. The younger Sedin isn't quite himself without his brother, who's still out with injury, but Daniel hasn't looked himself all month. He hasn't scored a single goal in January. I bring this up because he's running out of time to do so, and because he's got 7 points in his last 4 meetings with Chicago. The Canucks would love for his effectiveness versus the Blackhawks to continue.
5. Rick Nash. More like Sick Nash. Nash is on a tear right now, with goals in five straight games, and seven of them at that. Keep an eye on him, Islanders.