Here are your Puck Headlines: A glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• Well, Jaromir Jagr looks happy. Which makes us happy. Seriously, we can only wish him the best of luck
at the craps table in that new Russian hockey league. Oh, and speaking of the KHL: Debating its threat level in regards to the NHL may have officially jumped the shark with the publication of writer Todd Maternowski's absurdist assessment of the matter. Or as he puts it: "A comprehensive and amazingly fair-minded breakdown of NHL versus KHL, using the very latest in outdated historical stereotypes and unfounded urban myths." [Pegasus News]
• The new Winter Classic logo was hard to make out in the press event photos, but a clear graphic shows that it's Wrigley-inspired and retro cool. [Icethetics]
• Both Mike Commodore and Jason Spezza have spoken about the relative flop of the 2007-08 Ottawa Senators recently, with Spezza defending its chemistry and Commodore saying the team was "a little complacent." Which makes the hiring of drill sergeant Craig Hartsburg all the more understandable, doesn't it?
• Recalling the Polish power of Marius Czerkawski. [Lowetide]
• Finally, FanHouse points us to this photo of the No. 06 Rexall Honda, which will boast Edmonton Oilers logos at the inaugural Rexall Edmonton Indy. Try and spot the hockey players in the shot: