Wed Oct 22 12:34pm EDT
Here are your Morning(-ish) Puck Headlines: A glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• Remember: Rumors chat at 1 p.m. EDT.
• Anaheim Ducks goalie Jean-Sebastien Giguere said he "would be so pissed off" if his coach replaced him with a backup for the shootout, so there's no telling how Vesa Toskala is really feeling today after watching Curtis Joseph play like a 41 year old in the skills competition last night for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Damien Cox climbs into Coach Ron Wilson's mind, and decides that he's just trying to reinforce his message that no one's entitled to anything in Toronto. Evidently, that includes wins. [Toronto Star]
• Neate Sager, meanwhile, has "Top 10 reasons why Toronto Maple Leafs coach Ron Wilson put Curtis Joseph in goal for the shootout." Chuckle-worthy: "5. Figured regular goalie Vesa Toskala would let Anaheim's Teemu Selanne score, since everyone knows those Finns are in cahoots." [Epic Carnival]
• Disney on Ice forces the cancellation of a minor league hockey game. Man, that's just goof ... forget it. We don't want this turning into a Mickey Mouse organi ... dammit. [Hockey Herald]
• We've been taking a bizarre amount of heat behind the scenes for referring to the New York Islanders' Blog Box as "a gimmick" in our coverage of the Edmonton Oilers v. blogger fiasco. To the point where a writer from Newsday reached out and asked for an explanation. So we gave him one. [Newsday]
• An interesting look at the NHL's amazing crop of rookie defensemen, and who should stay and who should be demoted for more seasoning. [THN]
• Finally, the most important find of the day ... well, other than the dildos: Your How to Play Floor Hockey Instructional Video: