Wed Jan 04 02:54pm EST
Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• I don't think Mikael Granlund's latest stamp is going to sell out.
• Tampa Bay Lightning coach Guy Boucher, after learning Ryan Malone will miss time with a lower-body injury: "Again with the injuries. Happy New Year! It's been that way since Day One this year, so we are not going to cry about it. We are going to move forward and continue to find ways like we've been doing.'' [The Tampa Tribune]
• Speaking of injuries, the Wild have less than the last time they faced the Canucks. [Minneapolis Star-Tribune]
• Here's a disgusting, shameful, embarrassing scene, as three Flyers fan beat up on a Rangers fan. (NSFW: Language) [Broad Street Hockey]
• Why Nathan MacKinnon could be hockey's big thing. [Toronto Star]
• I don't think Eric Francis likes Evgeni Kuznetsov. That's just the vibe I'm getting. I could be wrong. I don't know. [Canoe]
• "NHL officials seized the opportunity given them when a United Airlines 737 passed over Citizen's Park Bank during the opening festivities of Monday's Winter Classic, attempting to convince the 46,967 fans in attendance that flight 2734 to Fort Lauderdale was in fact the game's ceremonial flyover." [The Onion Sports]
• The top 11 saves of 2011. [Backhand Shelf]
• The Canucks are 28th in the NHL in blocked shots, which is either a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you look at it. [PITB]
• And finally, here's a parody of LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem" title "Everyday I'm Scheifeling", which manages to do the unthinkable: convince me the guys from LMFAO are both great singers and great rappers: