Thu May 29 06:02pm EDT
Here are your Evening Puck Headlines: A glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• John Dellapina of the NY Daily News heard the news this morning that Wrigley Field may have been handed the next Winter Classic instead of the venerable Yankee Stadium. And he respectfully disagrees, because "it ain't Yankee Stadium" and "it will be there next year and the year after, while Yankee Stadium won't."
• The numbers aren't there yet, but Evegni Malkin is slowly finding his game again. [PensBurgh]
• Finny from Hockey Ladies of Greatness is happy to finally have a chance to check out the sex and bad acting on "MVP: The Secret Lives of Hockey Wives," coming this summer to SOAPNet. [HLOG]
• Searching for meaning in the NHL's impressive television ratings. Or, how to explain modest success to a mainstream media with a real fetish about seeing hockey fail. [FanHouse]
• When the New York Islander say, "Chris Campoli will make team history tonight," what's the first thing you think about? And how far away from that thought is Campoli becoming the first Islander on Canada's version of "TRL?" [NHL.com]