The NHL Awards are scheduled for Wednesday, June 22, and if last year's edition taught us anything it's that this ordeal is vastly improved by humor and booze.
Conveniently, both will be prevalent at the annual Puck Daddy/Japers' Rink NHL Awards Show Viewing Party!
This year, the action shifts to the District of Columbia and the Iron Horse Taproom (507 Seventh Street NW), located within walking distance of the Verizon Center and a favorite post-Capitals game haunt. Massive selection of brews. Skeeball. Good times.
A few important points:
• The fun "officially" begins at 6 p.m. ET, with the NHL Awards set for 7 p.m. We'll have the room until 11 p.m.
• Iron Horse Taproom is located at 507 Seventh Street NW near the Gallery Place/Chinatown Metro, on the green, yellow, and red lines; one block south of the Verizon Center. Phone numbers is 202-347-7665.
• There will be raffles during the night for prizes that include Washington Capitals Winter Classic gear from Reebok and other hockey-related swag.
• There will be drink specials throughout the night.
• We're bloggers in a bar; dress accordingly.
• Yours truly and JP from Japers' Rink are your humble hosts; special appearance by none other than Puck Daddy's Sean Leahy!
If you're planning to attend, please RSVP here, but it's not mandatory for attendance. You can hit Wyshynski at email@example.com or JP at Japers.Rink@gmail.com with any questions. Hope to see all of you there for a night of great fun and televised awkwardness.