Puck Daddy - NHL

Crosby’s agent: ‘Sidney hasn’t been shut down by anyone’

Last week, it was an XM Home Ice report that Sidney Crosby(notes) would miss the start of the 2011-12 regular season due to his post-concussion symptoms. Pittsburgh Penguins GM Ray Shero denied Crosby had shut down his training, despite still experiencing "some symptoms."

On Monday, it was a CTV Atlantic report claiming that "Sidney Crosby's concussion symptoms have returned, and he may not be ready for the start of the NHL season." From CTV:

The Cole Harbour, N.S., native has not played a game since January 5, 2011, after he suffered his second hit to the head in less than a week. Sources say Crosby's concussion symptoms returned last week and he cancelled all of his scheduled on-ice workouts at a Halifax-area rink.

Another report, and another denial, this time from Crosby's agent Pat Brisson to ESPN.com:

"Sidney hasn't been shut down by anyone. He has simply adjusted his summer program accordingly to the different needs for the appropriate recovery", Crosby's agent Pat Brisson said. "Training camp is in three weeks from now. It is too premature to speculate all kinds of deliberate information at his point. Sidney will address the media at the appropriate time in order to give everyone an update. As far as I know training camp hasn't started yet."

No, it hasn't. Nor is Crosby back in Pittsburgh to visit with his doctors, who will be the ones to determine if he's ready for contact and, hence, ready for camp.

Crosby's symptoms "have returned?" That's the scoop? Shero said as late as last week that Crosby's experiencing symptoms and, logically, might be missing on-ice workouts.

That he could miss camp or the start of the season is obviously an option. But as his agent said, it's premature to speculate — or report with certainty — that he will.

Related Articles

Puck Daddy

Add to My Yahoo RSS

Related Photo Gallery

Y! Sports Blog