December 30, 2011
On Saturday night in Edmonton, Team Canada and Team USA face off in the IIHF World Junior Championship preliminary round, continuing the annual rivalry between some of the best young hockey players in North America (apologies, Mexico).
How do these hockey titans match up? Puck Daddy infographic ace Dan Gustafson of SixteenWins.com broke down the current rosters and provided some historical context in handy infographic form:
OK, so Canada appears to have a slight advantage in the all-time series and in winning World Junior Championships. But we have the tallest player. USA USA USA!
(Dan will be working with Puck Daddy on creating some whimsical and informative NHL graphics throughout the season. If you have any requests, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Dan at Sixteen Wins and follow him on Twitter here.)
Previously on Puck Daddy
• Illustrated guide to the 2011 Ron Swanson NHL All-Star Team
• Illustrated guide to firing NHL coaches during the season
• Illustrated guide to NHL No. 11s on 11-11-11
• Illustrated guide to NHL realignment history
• Illustrated guide to Brendan Shanahan's NHL suspensions (so far)
• Illustrated guide to the Bruins' $156,679 Foxwoods bar tab