Week 16 game by game
Here was the playoff significance of each meaningful Week 16 game:
MIN 24, PHI 14 (Final) – Tues, NBC
• Phi will be the #3 seed after the loss. Chi clinches a first-round bye.
NO 17, at ATL 14 (Final)
• NO clinched a playoff berth with the win and still can win the South and #1 seed.
• Atl failed to clinch the South and may need a win/tie next week to clinch the #1 seed.
at GB 45, NYG 17 (Final)
• GB moved ahead of NYG for the #6 seed.
at CIN 34, SD 20 (Final)
• SD was eliminated with the loss, and KC clinched AFC West.
IND 31, at OAK 26 (Final)
• Ind stayed alive for #3 seed. Ind needs a win or a Jac loss to clinch AFC South.
at TB 38, SEA 15 (Final)
• Sea still needs a win vs StL. Loss did not affect Sea.
• TB needs a W@NO & GB L/T vs Chi & NYG L/T@Was.
BAL 20, at CLE 10 (Final)
• Bal clinched playoff berth with win. Would clinch AFC North with W vs Cin and Pit L@Cle.
NE 34, at BUF 3 (Final)
• NE clinched #1 seed & East with win.
at STL 25, SF 17 (Final)
• SF eliminated with loss.
• StL clinches NFC West with W/T@Sea.
at CHI 38, NYJ 34 (Final)
• NYJ still clinched with Jac loss. Could still be #5 seed ahead of Pit.
• Chi needs W@GB to clinch #2 seed. Could still be #1 seed (until Atl W/T).
at KC 34, TEN 14 (Final)
• Ten eliminated.
• KC later clinched AFC West with SD loss.
WAS 20, at JAC 17 (Final OT)
• Jac still needs W@Hou next week & Ind L vs Ten next week. Loss had virtually no impact (assuming no games end in ties next week).