LeBron James wants Peyton Manning to sign with the Miami Dolphins. If only there were a colloquial way of describing such a desire for one to bring his natural aptitude to a southern location near the shore.
• "I'm just sayin', Dolphins need a quarterback, and Peyton's available." (That's gotta sting, Matt Moore.)
• "Oh, you guys heard me? I gave my pitch, my one and only pitch. We'll see what happens." (His one and only pitch. Thank goodness reporters were around to document such a momentous occasion. LeBron hath spoken! So let it be written, so let it be done.)
• "No, [Peyton isn't] a friend of mine. But I'm a Miami Heat player, and I want Miami sports to be great: The U, the Dolphins, the Marlins, the Heat, of course." (As Berardino points out: That's gotta sting, Florida Panthers.)
• "Peyton Manning is a great player. No matter what happened this past year, his resume speaks for itself and it would be great to have him down here."
Should it come as a surprise that LeBron would want Peyton to come to South Beach? Not only would it deflect some of the harsh spotlight that always shines on the oft-criticized superstar, but it'd be nice to have another perennial playoff underperformer in town.
LeBron's Heat teammate, Dwyane Wade, is also making a pitch for Peyton:
Whether this will be his "one and only pitch" remains to be seen.
Fantasy updates from the Yahoo! Fantasy Minute
Other popular content on the Yahoo! network:
• Peyton Manning free-agent firestorm could burn some team executives
• Allen Iverson and other athletes who went bankrupt
• Y! News: Apple unveils 4G LTE iPad
Posted Jul 2 2012
Posted Jul 3 2012
Posted Jun 21 2012