Buzzing on Yahoo Sports:

Yankees' Rodriguez issues statement

The SportsXchange

New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez issued a statement Thursday saying he's not ready to discuss his alleged connection with former Biogenesis founder Anthony Bosch.

"Myself and others are being mentioned in a media report before the process is even concluded," Rodriguez said. "I would hope this thing would follow the guidelines of our Basic Agreement. I will monitor the situation and comment when appropriate.

"As I have said previously, I am working out every day to get back on the field and help the Yankees win a championship. I am down here doing my job and working hard and will continue to do so until I'm back playing."

Rodriguez's statement comes days after an ESPN's "Outside the Lines" report that said MLB will seek to suspend the former All-Star and about 20 others linked to anti-clinic Biogenesis of America and Bosch.

In addition, the New York Daily News reported Wednesday that Rodriguez denied a request from Bosch to provide financial help in an MLB lawsuit filed against him.

Rodriguez's answer prompted Bosch to cooperate with MLB's investigation, and what he provides could be what officials needs to merit suspensions, the paper said. For his cooperation, MLB said it will drop their lawsuit against Bosch.

Citing a source, the "Outside the Lines" report said commissioner Bud Selig's office may seek 100-game suspensions for Rodriguez, Milwaukee Brewers star Ryan Braun and others, the penalty for a second offense.

Related coverage on Yahoo! Sports:
For Alex Rodriguez, Biogenesis scandal is one mess he can't clean up alone
The largest doping scandals in sports history
MLB interviewing players as part of drug probe
View Comments (159)