Updated Saturday, Sept. 22 at 11:42 a.m. ET
Here are PFW's Week Three QB rankings:
- Robert Griffin III, Redskins vs. Bengals
- Aaron Rodgers, Packers at Seahawks
- Tony Romo, Cowboys vs. Buccaneers
- Drew Brees, Saints vs. Chiefs
- Cam Newton, Panthers vs. Giants
- Eli Manning, Giants at Panthers
- Matt Ryan, Falcons at Chargers
- Matthew Stafford, Lions at Titans
- Tom Brady, Patriots at Ravens
- Michael Vick, Eagles at Cardinals
- Philip Rivers, Chargers vs. Falcons
- Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers at Raiders
- Jay Cutler, Bears vs. Rams
- Peyton Manning, Broncos vs. Texans
- Andy Dalton, Bengals at Redskins
- Alex Smith, 49ers at Vikings
- Andrew Luck, Colts vs. Jaguars
- Joe Flacco, Ravens vs. Patriots
- Matt Schaub, Texans at Broncos
- Carson Palmer, Raiders vs. Steelers
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills at Browns
- Matt Cassel, Chiefs at Saints
- Sam Bradford, Rams at Bears
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks vs. Cowboys
- Christian Ponder, Vikings vs. 49ers
- Josh Freeman, Buccaneers at Cowboys
- Jake Locker, Titans vs. Lions
- Brandon Weeden, Browns vs. Bills
- Blaine Gabbert, Jaguars at Colts
- Mark Sanchez, Jets at Dolphins
- Ryan Tannehill, Dolphins vs. Jets
- Kevin Kolb, Cardinals vs. Eagles
Not listed: John Skelton, Cardinals
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs.