Every Tuesday during the season I will release league power rankings, which you can find under the College tab at the top of this page. The six BCS conferences will all have their own power rankings, while I will also rank the best of the non-BCS squads, including the Independents.
With that in mind, let's take a look at how the best Independents and non-AQ teams shape up:
1. Notre Dame (5-0): Cierre Wood and George Atkinson III gave the Fighting Irish their first 100-yard rushing duo in a decade in a 38-point win over Miami (FL) at Chicago's Soldier Field.
2. Ohio (6-0): Ryan Boykin ran for two fourth-quarter touchdowns as the Bobcats erased an early 14-0 deficit in a 38-31 victory over Buffalo.
US PRESSWIREKenneth Dixon rushed for four touchdowns as the Bulldogs beat UNLV on Saturday.
3. Louisiana Tech (5-0): Kenneth Dixon rushed for four touchdowns as the Bulldogs earned a 58-31 win over UNLV.
4. Boise State (4-1): Joe Southwick and the Broncos took advantage of five turnovers to beat Southern Mississippi 40-14.
5. BYU (4-2): The Cougars have not allowed a touchdown in 13 straight quarters as they beat Utah State 6-3.
6. Nevada (5-1): Backup quarterback Devin Combs found Aaron Bradley for a 24-yard touchdown pass in overtime and the Wolf Pack came from behind to beat Wyoming 35-28.
7. Utah State (4-2): The Aggies have now lost 17 straight games against BYU in Provo.
8. UTSA (5-0): The Roadrunners were off this past weekend and will travel to Rice on Saturday.
Email email@example.com or follow me on Twitter at Miller_DaveFollow @footballpost on Twitter for the latest news
This story originally appeared on Nationalfootballpost.com