Every Tuesday during the season I will release league power rankings, which you can find under the College tab at the top of this page. The six BCS conferences will all have their own power rankings, while I will also rank the best of the non-BCS squads.
With that in mind, let's take a look at how the Big Ten shapes up:
1. Ohio State (6-0): Corey Brown returned a punt 76 yards for a score to help the Buckeyes coast to a 63-38 win over Nebraska.
2. Michigan (3-2): Denard Robinson rushed 24 times for 235 yards as the Wolverines beat Purdue 44-13.
3. Michigan State (4-2): Andrew Maxwell passed for 290 yards and two touchdowns, and the Spartans rallied from a 17-point deficit to defeat Indiana 31-27.
4. Nebraska (4-2): Taylor Martinez was intercepted three times as the Cornhuskers could not keep up with Ohio State in Columbus.
US PRESSWIREJoel Stave and the Badgers hope to continue to climb the Big Ten standings.
5. Wisconsin (4-2): Joel Stave threw two touchdown passes to help the Badgers defeat Illinois 31-14.
6. Penn State (4-2): The Nittany Lions used three fourth-quarter scores to beat Northwestern 39-28.
7. Northwestern (5-1): The Wildcats failed to start 6-0 for the first time since 1962 as Penn State won its sixth straight over NU.
8. Iowa (3-2): The Hawkeyes were off this past weekend and will play at Michigan State on Saturday.
9. Purdue (3-2): The Boilermakers were unable to contain Denard Robinson in their 44-13 loss to Michigan.
10. Minnesota (4-1): The Gophers will host Northwestern on Saturday after having the week off.
11. Indiana (2-3): The Hoosiers could not hold a 17-point lead at home over Michigan State, as Kevin Wilson's squad fell to the Spartans 31-27.
12. Illinois (2-4): The Fighting Illini continued to struggle offensively in their loss to Wisconsin.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Twitter at Miller_DaveFollow @footballpost on Twitter for the latest news
This story originally appeared on Nationalfootballpost.com
- Michigan State
- Denard Robinson
- Ohio State