Every Tuesday during the season I will release league power rankings, which you can find under the College tab at the top of this page. The six BCS conferences will all have their own power rankings, while I will also rank the best of the non-BCS squads.
With that in mind, let's take a look at how the ACC shapes up:
1. Florida State (5-1): The Seminoles have not been able to move to 6-0 since their national title-winning season in 1999, and they failed to do so this fall after their 17-16 road loss to N.C. State.
2. Clemson (5-1): DeAndre Hopkins tallied 173 receiving yards as the Tigers beat Georgia Tech 47-31.
3. N.C. State (4-2): The Wolfpack defense held the Seminoles to 218 passing yards in an upset win in Raleigh.
4. Miami (4-2): The Hurricanes allowed 587 total yards to Notre Dame in a 41-3 loss.
5. North Carolina (4-2): Gio Bernard rushed for a career-high 262 yards and a touchdown as the Tar Heels beat Virginia Tech 48-34.
6. Duke (5-1): Anthony Boone threw four scoring passes in his first start to help the Blue Devils beat Virginia 42-17.
US PRESSWIREStefon Diggs and the Terps slid by Wake Forest this past week.
7. Maryland (3-2): Freshman Stefon Diggs took a short pass 63 yards to set up a late 1-yard touchdown run by Justus Pickett as the Terps beat Wake Forest 19-14.
8. Virginia Tech (3-3): The Hokies are off to their worst start since opening 2-3-1 in 1992 after falling to North Carolina.
9. Wake Forest (3-3): Tanner Price was just 13-of-38 passing in the loss to Maryland.
10. Georgia Tech (2-4): The Yellow Jackets are off to their worst start since 1994 after they fell to Clemson.
11. Virginia (2-4): The Cavaliers could only net five first downs after halftime in their loss to Duke.
12. Boston College (1-4): The Eagles allowed Trent Steelman to score on a 29-yard touchdown run with 45 seconds left as they fell to Army 34-31.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Twitter at Miller_DaveFollow @footballpost on Twitter for the latest news
This story originally appeared on Nationalfootballpost.com
- Virginia Tech
- Georgia Tech