Every Tuesday during the season I will release league power rankings, which you can find under the College tab at the top of this page. The six BCS conferences will all have their own power rankings, while I will also rank the best of the non-BCS squads.
With that in mind, let's take a look at how the Big Ten shapes up:
1. Ohio State (5-0): The Buckeyes were able to keep the Michigan State ground game in check in a 17-16 win over the Spartans.
US PRESSWIRECan Bo Pelini and the Cornhuskers knock off Ohio State on the road?
2. Nebraska (4-1): Taylor Martinez led a Cornhuskers comeback from a 17-point deficit as Bo Pelini's squad rallied for a 30-27 win over Wisconsin.
3. Northwestern (5-0): The Wildcats set a school record with 704 yards of total offense in a 44-29 victory over Indiana.
4. Michigan State (3-2): The Spartans lost their fourth home game in a row to Ohio State, 17-16.
5. Michigan (2-2): The Wolverines were off this past weekend and will travel to Purdue on Saturday.
6. Wisconsin (3-2): Montee Ball scored three short touchdowns but was otherwise bottled up by the Nebraska defense in a road loss.
7. Penn State (3-2): Zach Zwinak rushed for 101 yards and two touchdowns, and the Nittany Lions forced three turnovers in a 35-7 win over Illinois.
8. Purdue (3-1): Caleb TerBush threw for four touchdowns and the Boilermakers returned two interceptions for scores as they held on for a 51-41 victory over Marshall.
9. Iowa (3-2): Christian Kirksey's 68-yard interception return for a touchdown in the fourth quarter sealed a 31-13 win for the Hawkeyes over Minnesota.
10. Minnesota (4-1): The Gophers haven''t won at Kinnick Stadium since 1999, falling to Iowa this past Saturday.
11. Indiana (2-2): The Hoosiers fell behind Northwestern 27-0 early before things became interesting in a 44-29 loss.
12. Illinois (2-3): The Fighting Illini had three turnovers and just 74 rushing yards in a loss to Penn State.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Twitter at Miller_DaveFollow @footballpost on Twitter for the latest news
This story originally appeared on Nationalfootballpost.com
- Ohio State
- Michigan State
- Bo Pelini