Every Tuesday during the season I will release league power rankings, which you can find under the College tab at the top of this page. The six BCS conferences will all have their own power rankings, while I will also rank the best of the non-BCS squads.
With that in mind, let's take a look at how the Big Ten shapes up:
1. Ohio State (3-0): Braxton Miller connected with Devin Smith on a 72-yard touchdown pass with 3:26 left as the Buckeyes survived a home scare from Cal.
2. Michigan State (2-1): In their 20-3 defeat to Notre Dame, the Spartans had their worst showing on offense at home since losing by the same score to Central Michigan in 1991.
3. Michigan (2-1): Denard Robinson recorded 397 yards of total offense and accounted for four touchdowns in a 63-13 beat down of Massachusetts.
US PRESSWIREAmeer Abdullah has filled in very well for the injured Rex Burkhead at Nebraska.
4. Nebraska (2-1): Ameer Abdullah ran for a career-high 167 yards and two scores while filling in for the injured Rex Burkhead as the Cornhuskers beat Arkansas State 42-13.
5. Northwestern (3-0): Mike Trumpy ran for 106 yards and a touchdown as the Wildcats beat Boston College 22-13.
6. Wisconsin (2-1): The Badgers survived a scare from Utah State when kicker Josh Thompson missed a 37-yard field goal with seconds remaining, allowing Bret Bielema's squad to hold on for a 16-14 victory.
7. Iowa (2-1): Walk-on fullback Mark Weisman rushed for 113 yards and three short touchdowns as Iowa held off Northern Iowa 27-16.
8. Purdue (2-1): Caleb TerBush threw two touchdowns and ran for another score to help the Boilermakers defeat Eastern Michigan 54-16.
9. Illinois (2-1): Backup quarterback Reilly O'Toole threw for 333 yards and five touchdowns and receiver Ryan Lankford had 97 yards and two scores to lead the Fighting Illini to a 44-0 win over Charleston Southern.
10. Penn State (1-2): Bill O’Brien netted his first victory as Nittany Lions head coach as Penn State defeated Navy 34-7.
11. Minnesota (3-0): Max Shortell came in for an injured MarQueis Gray and passed for 188 yards and three touchdowns to help the Gophers beat Western Michigan 28-23.
12. Indiana (2-1): The Hoosiers fell to Ball State for the third straight time. When does basketball season begin?
Email email@example.com or follow me on Twitter at Miller_DaveFollow @footballpost on Twitter for the latest news
This story originally appeared on Nationalfootballpost.com
- Ohio State
- Michigan State
- Braxton Miller