Updated Jan. 1, 2012 @ 8:17 p.m. ET
Here are our fantasy rankings for running backs:
- Maurice Jones-Drew, Jaguars vs. Colts
- Ray Rice, Ravens at Bengals
- Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks at Cardinals
- Rashard Mendenhall, Steelers at Browns
- LeSean McCoy, Eagles vs. Redskins — UP (INACTIVE — coach's decision)
- Willis McGahee, Broncos vs. Chiefs
- Frank Gore, 49ers at Rams
- C.J. Spiller, Bills at Patriots
- DeAngelo Williams, Panthers at Saints
- Michael Bush, Raiders vs. Chargers
- Michael Turner, Falcons vs. Buccaneers
- Shonn Greene, Jets at Dolphins
- Darren Sproles, Saints vs. Panthers
- Mike Tolbert, Chargers at Raiders — UP
- Jonathan Stewart, Panthers at Saints
- Ahmad Bradshaw, Giants vs. Cowboys — DOWN
- Arian Foster, Texans vs. Titans
- Chris Johnson, Titans at Texans — INJ (ACTIVE)
- Beanie Wells, Cardinals vs. Seahawks — (INACTIVE)
- Daniel Thomas, Dolphins vs. Jets — UP
- Ryan Mathews, Chargers at Raiders — INJ, DOWN (INACTIVE)
- Felix Jones, Cowboys vs. Giants — INJ (ACTIVE)
- Toby Gerhart, Vikings vs. Bears
- Evan Royster, Redskins at Eagles — DOWN
- Roy Helu, Redskins at Eagles — INJ, UP (ACTIVE)
- Kahlil Bell, Bears at Vikings
- Kendall Hunter, 49ers at Rams
- Isaac Redman, Steelers at Browns
- Brandon Jacobs, Giants vs. Cowboys
- Pierre Thomas, Saints vs. Panthers
- Ben Tate, Texans vs. Titans
- Stevan Ridley, Patriots vs. Bills
- Steven Jackson, Rams vs. 49ers
- LeGarrette Blount, Buccaneers at Falcons
- Peyton Hillis, Browns vs. Steelers
- Cedric Benson, Bengals vs. Ravens
- Joseph Addai, Colts at Jaguars
- Chris Ivory, Saints vs. Panthers
- Kevin Smith, Lions at Packers — UP
- Dexter McCluster, Chiefs at Broncos — UP
- BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Patriots vs. Bills
- Dion Lewis, Eagles vs. Redskins — UP
- Ronnie Brown, Eagles vs. Redskins — UP
- Thomas Jones, Chiefs at Broncos — UP
- Maurice Morris, Lions at Packers
- Donald Brown, Colts at Jaguars
- Brandon Saine, Packers vs. Lions
- Ricky Williams, Ravens at Bengals
- Sammy Morris, Cowboys vs. Giants
- Jason Snelling, Falcons vs. Buccaneers
- LaDainian Tomlinson, Jets at Dolphins
- Danny Woodhead, Patriots vs. Bills
- Jamie Harper, Titans at Texans
- Jacquizz Rodgers, Falcons vs. Buccaneers
- Kregg Lumpkin, Buccaneers at Falcons
- Lance Ball, Broncos vs. Chiefs
- Ryan Grant, Packers vs. Lions
- Tashard Choice, Bills at Patriots
- Marcel Reece, Raiders vs. Chargers
- Mossis Madu, Buccaneers at Falcons
- Keiland Williams, Lions at Packers
- Bernard Scott, Bengals vs. Ravens
- Armando, Allen, Bears at Vikings
- Justin Forsett, Seahawks at Cardinals
- Marion Barber, Bears at Vikings — INJ (INACTIVE)
Not listed: Matt Forté, Bears; Adrian Peterson, Vikings; Javon Ringer, Titans; Reggie Bush, Dolphins; Mewelde Moore, Steelers; James Starks, Packers; Jackie Battle, Chiefs; Mark Ingram, Saints; Darren McFadden, Raiders
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.