Updated Dec. 29, 2011 @ 12:15 p.m. ET
Here are our fantasy rankings for placekickers:
- David Akers, 49ers at Rams
- Stephen Gostkowski, Patriots vs. Bills
- Matt Bryant, Falcons vs. Buccaneers
- John Kasay, Saints vs. Panthers
- Sebastian Janikowski, Raiders vs. Chargers
- Mason Crosby, Packers vs. Lions
- Alex Henery, Eagles vs. Redskins
- Dan Bailey, Cowboys at Giants
- Rob Bironas, Titans at Texans
- Neil Rackers, Texans vs. Titans
- Jason Hanson, Lions at Packers
- Matt Prater, Broncos vs. Chiefs
- Dan Carpenter, Dolphins vs. Jets
- Adam Vinatieri, Colts at Jaguars
- Olindo Mare, Panthers at Saints
- Nick Novak, Chargers at Raiders
- Shaun Suisham, Steelers at Browns
- Shayne Graham, Ravens at Bengals
- Steven Hauschka, Seahawks at Cardinals
- Lawrence Tynes, Giants vs. Cowboys
- Nick Folk, Jets at Dolphins
- Jay Feely, Cardinals vs. Seahawks
- Ryan Succop, Chiefs at Broncos
- Robbie Gould, Bears at Vikings
- Josh Scobee, Jaguars vs. Colts
- Mike Nugent, Bengals vs. Ravens
- Graham Gano, Redskins at Eagles
- Connor Barth, Buccaneers at Falcons
- Ryan Longwell, Vikings vs. Bears
- Brandon Coutu, Bills at Patriots
- Phil Dawson, Browns vs. Steelers
- Josh Brown, Rams vs. 49ers
- Billy Cundiff, Ravens at Bengals — INJ
Not listed: Dave Rayner, Bills
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.