Today's open discussion thread, complete with your daily dose of Philadelphia Flyers news and notes...
*The new third jersey the Flyers debut next year might not be that new, which is kind of a bummer. [Courier-Post]
*Meltzer on rumors of some invitations to Flyers training camp for a couple of veteran players. [Hockeybuzz]
*The Steves on the addition of Gord Murphy and the Flyers defense. [Flyers]
*The look back at the Flyers 25 Under 25 continues with numbers 20-16. [BSH]
*Remembering New York City's first professional hockey team. [SB Nation]
*Who will be the ten most fascinating hockey players in 2014-2015? [Puck Daddy]
*On the idea of a maximum contract in the NHL. [The Hockey Writers]
*And finally, yesterday was National Dog Day, and so Claude Giroux's dog did the Ice Bucket Challenge. It's adorable.
More from sbnation.com:
- Help us find every Philadelphia Flyers bar in the world
- Stop giving Flyers preseason games to Canada and host them here instead
- Flyers hire Ian Anderson as Director of Hockey Analytics
- You're still paying a lot of money to save the Pittsburgh Penguins
- Bernie Parent does the Ice Bucket Challenge, passes it to Ed Snider
- Which Flyers players are best at gaining the offensive zone with the puck?
- Ice Hockey
- Sports & Recreation
- Philadelphia Flyers