The Tampa Bay Buccaneers face Washington today, in what should be a pretty competitive game, because all these backups are going to be fighting for their jobs. If you want to know which players you should be watching, check out our list of five crucial position battles. There are also some fantasy football implications that will come out of this game. If you're wondering where to watch the game, we've got you covered here.
We know Logan Mankins won't play, and neither will most of the starters on either side of the ball. In fact, the only starters to play will be Patrick Omameh and Oniel Cousins. This will be a case of backups showing what they can do, and possibly making the roster or the practice squad. Some may even push for some playing time, especially at the all-important right-guard position.
Here's your open thread for the first quarter! Go Bucs!
More from sbnation.com:
- Mike Evans gets in a fight at a night club - in March
- Buccaneers are impressed with Austin Seferian-Jenkins' blocking
- Why Rishaw Johnson may be starting for the Buccaneers very soon
- Buccaneers trade for guard Rishaw Johnson, send Kelcie McCray to the Chiefs
- Four key position battles for the Buccaneers against the Bills
- Predict Mike Evans' 2014 receiving yards