Hermes Franca got destroyed after competing in MMA for the first time since being deported back to Brazil
After three years away, Hermes Franca stepped back in the cage this past week and it ended up badly for the 40-year-old fighter. Competing at Extreme Fighter: Nordeste in Brazil, Franca took on a fighter 15 years his junior in Marcio Breno Braga (10-2) and got knocked out in just 34 seconds.
This was Franca's first bout since being deported back to Brazil after serving time for sexual abuse of a minor. In 2012, the fighter plead guilty to a single count of both unlawful penetration and first-degree sexual abuse, which had him serve time for 2 years in the US before his deportation.
With the loss, Franca drops his overall MMA record to 22-13-1. His 13-year career has seen him win the WEC lightweight title and compete in thetimes. He has career wins over Nate Diaz and Jamie Varner, along with a UFC title loss against Sean Sherk, where he also tested positive for banned steroid Drostanolone.
Watch the video of the fight below:
More from sbnation.com:
- Christy Mack photo'd in Las Vegas, War Machine extradited to Nevada
- Fights to make for UFC 177 main card fighters
- UFC Fight Night: Jacare vs. Mousasi II fight card
- UFC 177 Winners and Losers
- Jim Ross on weight cutting: 'You damn sure don't want anybody dying because they cut too much weight'
- Ronda Rousey reacts to Bethe Correia's UFC 177 win over teammate Shayna Baszler
- Sports & Recreation
- Martial Arts
- Hermes Franca