Let's hope it doesn't come to that, because I'd like to see what he can do for an encore.
"I could literally die tomorrow and have no regrets and feel absolutely fulfilled with what I have accomplished in my life time. It hasn't sunk in yet... but I am just feeling a wave of relief knowing I fulfilled my promise to myself and in doing so apparently was able to make UFC history in the process. This is the greatest end to the documentary we have been filming. I can't imagine any better way to show how never giving up, never quitting, and doing everything it takes to fulfill your goals to reach your dreams is possible with hard work, dedication, and perseverance. It seems like this story is straight fiction. What a crazy ride this has all been!"
Longtime mixed martial arts (MMA) veteran Ben Saunders (via The Underground) returned to the Octagon last weekend to fight newcomer Chris Heatherly at the UFC Fight Night 49: "Henderson vs. Dos Anjos" mixed martial arts (MMA) event, which took place on Sat., Aug. 23, 2014 inside BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma (full results here). That's where "Killa B" made UFC history by submitting "Stump" via first-round omoplata, the first of its kind under the ZUFFA banner. In reality, the former Ultimate Fighter probably would have been thrilled with a unanimous decision victory, as securing the "W" was paramount after getting a second chance at UFC superstardom. He promised to make an impact and welp, Saunders certainly delivered. So ... who do you want to see him fight next?
More from sbnation.com:
- Michael Bisping vs. Cung Le full fight video highlights from UFC Fight Night 48: Macau
- Pic: Cung Le's Face Is Destroyed After Four Rounds Against Michael Bisping
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Ben Henderson knockout video shows controversial stoppage at UFC Fight Night 49
- UFC Fight Night 48 results: Michael Bisping stops Cung Le
- UFC Fight Night 48, 49 results recap: Biggest winners, losers from doubleheader weekend in Macau, Tulsa
- UFC Fight Night 49 results: Rafael dos Anjos knocks out Ben Henderson
- Martial Arts
- Sports & Recreation