Calling the action "regrettable but necessary," Turner Scott Motorsports announced Tuesday that it would end operations of its No. 30 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team.
In a press release, the team stated the move was done to remain competitive throughout the 2014 season. Ron Hornaday Jr., who did not compete in Sunday's race at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park as TSM figured out its future, drove the No. 30 this year.
The 56-year-old had five top-fives and 10 top-10s in 13 starts this season. He was fourth in the standings before withdrawing from last week's race.
"The decision to lay-off any employee is painful and we realize the effects it has on their lives," said Harry Scott, Jr., whose investment firm is a co-owner of TSM, in the team release. "However, the decisions made by TSM today are necessary and the responsible steps for all of TSM to ensure our commitment to our employees, partners and fans to be as competitive as possible."
Last week, Scott said he would do all he could to keep the team moving forward "with or without our business partner Steve Turner."
The No. 30 entry of Hornaday, while a part of the TSM organization, was the responsibility of Turner, a team spokesperson told NASCAR.com last week.
FULL SERIES COVERAGE
- Motor Racing
- Sports & Recreation
- Turner Scott Motorsports