LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — What’s at stake in this week’s Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Classic, the final event of the 2012 season?
· Players will be vying to finish in the top 125 on the money list to earn their cards for 2013, which will be more important this season given, essentially, fewer starts next year for those who finish outside the top 125 because of the structural changes to the schedule.
· Whoever wins of course gets a two-year exemption on the PGA TOUR and an invitation to next year’s Hyundai Tournament of Champions and the PGA Championship.
· Players who finish in the top 30 on the money list earn a spot in the 2013 Masters. Jonas Blixt, who won last month at the Frys.com Open, is among those who has a chance to do so. He’s 35th on the money list.
· An opportunity to accrue Official World Golf Ranking points towards entry into the World Golf Championships events (The Accenture Match Play Championship invites the top 64 available players in the OWGR two weeks prior; the Cadillac Championship invites the top 50 and the Bridgestone Invitational invites event winners with OWGR strength of field rating of 115 points or higher).
· Among the event players who finish among the top 125 on the money list are exempt into: the RBC Heritage, THE PLAYERS Championship and AT&T National. Those who finish inside the top 80, meanwhile, automatically get into the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial, while the top 70 earn spots in the Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard and the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide.
- Sports & Recreation