Piercy got off to a hot start with four straight birdies early in his round, then avoided trouble over the final few holes to secure the victory.
It’s second win of Piercy’s career.
With the victory, Piercy earns the following:
- Earns second career PGA TOUR victory at the age of 33 years, 8 months and 23 days in his 120th career start on TOUR.
- Earns 500 FedExCup points and is projected to move into the top-15 in the FedExCup standings.
- Earns two-year exemption, taking him through the 2014 PGA TOUR season.
- Becomes the 28th different winner on the PGA TOUR in 2012, and 14th to do so in his 30s.
- Earns his third top-10 finish of the season (T5 transitions Championship, 3rd John Deere Classic).
- Earns an invitation into the 2012 World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational.
- Becomes the 14th different American to win the RBC Canadian Open since 1990.
- Earns RBC Canadian Open victory in third start in the event (T6 2011, T40 2009).
- If not otherwise exempt, earns a spot in the following events:
- 2013 Hyundai Tournament of Champions
- 2013 Humana Challenge in partnership with the Clinton Foundation
- 2013 Arnold Palmer Invitational
- 2013 Masters Tournament
- 2013 RBC Heritage
- 2013 THE PLAYERS Championship
- 2013 Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial
- 2013 the Memorial Tournament
- Scott Piercy
- PGA TOUR
- RBC Canadian Open