The next time you soak in a New York Mets game at Citi Field, come hungry. There's many great food options available at the ballpark.
Here's a look at the top five food offerings at Citi Field:
1) Shake Shack: Shake Shack has been a staple in the New York metropolitan area since 2004, as its original location in Madison Square Park instantly became a local favorite.
The "ShackBurger" at Citi Field is easily the best food entree you'll find anywhere in the stadium. Shake Shack uses 100% all natural Angus beef with no hormones and no antibiotics, and you can really taste the difference.
At $6.25 for a single or $9.25 for a double, the price is fairly reasonable as well. The only drawback is that Shake Shack is so popular that the lines get pretty long by the second inning, so get there early. Shake Shack is located on the Field Level behind center field.
2) Box Frites: Garlic fries are a signature of the San Francisco Giants at AT&T Park, but the box frites at Citi Field gives them a serious run for their money. At the box frites stand, located on the field level, you get thick-sliced Idaho potatoes served with a variety of dipping sauces.
3) Blue Smoke: The Blue Smoke stand, which stands right next to Shake Shack on the Field Level behind center field, has some tasty treats like pulled pork sandwiches and fries, but my favorite offering is the Kansas City Spare Ribs. Blue Smoke is part of New York's growing, vibrant barbeque scene, and it's one of the top in the area.
4) El Verano Taqueria: El Verano Taqueria, located on the Field Level, is a far cry from your standard stadium food of hot dogs and burgers.
Where else can you order chicken mole pipian and chile-marinated skirt steak at a baseball stadium? The carnitas tacos are also quite delicious, with a delightful taste of authenticity to go along with it.
5) Catch Of The Day: If you're in the mood for seafood, Catch Of The Day is the stand to stop at.
Featuring local favorites like the fried flounder sandwich, Long Island Corn and Clam Chowder, and grilled shrimp Po'Boys, this stand brings a New Orleans feel to the "Big Apple." Catch Of The Day is located on the Field Level at Citi Field. Check out this fan map of the Field Level at Citi Field to find wherever you need to go.
What is your favorite food stand at Citi Field? Let me know in the comments.
Eric Holden is a lifelong New York Mets fan. Follow him on Twitter @ericholden.
- Sports & Recreation
- Shake Shack
- New York Mets
- Citi Field