I've got bad news for all the mixed martial arts (MMA) fans who were hoping Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) bantamweight titleholder TJ Dillashaw was going to send a "get well soon" card to former division kingpin Renan Barao, who was pulled from their championship rematch after struggling to make weight (details).
"He's scared, he don't want it," Dillashaw said at today's UFC 177 weigh in event (watch the video here). "His coaches wanted the rematch more than he did. He never missed weight before and it's kind of funny that he wants to do it now."
When Barao was bumped from the pay-per-view (PPV) card, which takes place this Saturday night (August 30, 2014) inside Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, California, the promotion borrowed Joe Soto from the FOX Sports 1 "Prelims" as an emergency fill in (more on that here).
"I'm a company man, I gotta fight whoever they put in front of me," he continued. "I'm the champion of the world, I want to beat anybody, especially in Sacramento."
Can he get it done? Find out right here.
Until then, you can check out the completely reworked UFC 177: "Dillashaw vs. Soto" fight card and line up here.
More from sbnation.com:
- Dana White responds to 'uneducated' Sleazebag article from GQ magazine, pans 'unfair' attack on UFC as a brand
- UFC 177 preview: The future of the 'Horsewomen' riding on Shayna Baszler
- Pic: Shredded UFC 'Heavyweight' Alistair Overeem Weighs Just 210 pounds
- Mark Hunt to retire from MMA after fulfilling new six-fight deal with UFC
- ONE FC 19 live results stream for 'Reign of Champions' in Dubai
- Dana White UFC 177 video blog: Raw, graphic footage from UFC 175 including bloody Ronda Rousey, broken Uriah Hall, and more!
- Martial Arts
- Sports & Recreation
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Renan Barao
- TJ Dillashaw