Tar Heels' Bullock to enter NBA Draft

The SportsXchange

North Carolina junior guard Reggie Bullock will forego his final year of eligibility and enter the NBA Draft.

''We did some great things that have prepared me to play in the NBA,'' Bullock said in a statement. ''I know the Tar Heels will have a great year next season.''

The 6-foot-7 Bullock averaged 13.9 points and 6.5 rebounds last season and was voted a second-team All-ACC performer by both the coaches and the media. However, he's considered a likely second-round pick by most analysts, which would mean he'd enter training camp next season without a guaranteed contract.

The decision came as a bit of a surprise after Tar Heels leading scorer P.J. Hairston announced last week that he would return for his junior season.

''Our hope is that his decision will work out in a very positive manner for Reggie,'' UNC coach Roy Williams said in a statement. ''He has big dreams and we will help him and support him in his efforts to reach those dreams. I'll always enjoy reflecting on Reggie's three seasons as a big part of our program.''

The Tar Heels are still waiting for a decision from sophomore James Michael McAdoo. The deadline or underclassmen to declare for the draft is April 28.
Sign up for Yahoo Fantasy Baseball
View Comments